Call For Participation: IEEE Standards For Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality
IEEE Standards Association (IEEE-SA) invites participation in the Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality Working Group.
Why get involved:
Work together with industry stakeholders to shape the Virtual Reality (VR), Augmented Reality (AR) and Mixed Reality (MR) technology roadmap. Facilitate the development of cross-platform content and services, and promote a healthy growth of the VR/AR/MR industry. Standards development within this Working Group will include:
- IEEE P2048.1™, Standard for Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality: Device Taxonomy and Definitions
- IEEE P2048.2™, Standard for Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality: Immersive Video Taxonomy and Quality Metrics
- IEEE P2048.3™, Standard for Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality: Immersive Video File and Stream Formats
- IEEE P2048.4™ - Standard for Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality: Person Identity
- IEEE P2048.5™, Standard for Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality: Environment Safety
Who should participate:
Device manufacturers, application developers, content providers, service providers, technology developers, government agencies, and end users that are relevant to VR, AR, and MR technologies to participate.
How to Participate:
If you wish to participate, please contact the IEEE Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality Working Group Chair, Yu Yuan.
The kickoff meeting will be held on Friday, 24 March from 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. (UTC+08:00) at the Scientific Research Building Suite 108, Tsinghua High-Tech Park, 1 Songpingshan Xindong Road, Nanshan District, Shenzhen, China. To join the meeting remotely, please contact Yu Yuan for dial-in instructions.
The next meeting will be held on Friday, 14 April (PDT) at the Los Angeles Convention Center, 1201 S Figueroa St, Los Angeles, CA, USA. At this meeting (face-to-face only, no remote access), the voting membership of the Working Group will be established. To join the meeting, please contact Yu Yuan for details.